The Word of God. The VIU “Standards of Conduct” are based upon the teachings and principles of Scripture, seeking to develop personal holiness and discipline exemplified in a lifestyle glorifying to God.
Vision International University is a Bible based, Christ-centered institution dedicated to the educating and training of Christians for the work of the ministry. The following statement of purposes encompasses the scope of the vision of the University.
The Purposes of Vision International University:
- Our purpose is that a graduate of VIU should be able to communicate the Word of God to others.
- Our purpose is that a graduate of VIU should be able to expound the Word of God in a systematic fashion, with his/her training in the analytical inductive methods of contemporary biblical scholarship.
- Our purpose is that a graduate of VIU should demonstrate genuine concern for missionary work around the world, with a special concern for the urban centers, as a missionary, volunteer, sponsor, or prayer partner.
- Our purpose is that a graduate of VIU should demonstrate Christian maturity with his/her commitment to Christ and His Church.
- Our purpose is that a graduate of VIU should be able to continue a daily regular study of the Word of God as an autonomous learner, which is characteristic of servants of God.
- Our purpose is that a graduate of VIU should be able to present a well defined, biblically based, intellectually and rationally sound , compassionate apologetic of their faith.
- Our purpose is that a graduate of VIU should know how to acquire knowledge.
- Our purpose is that a graduate of VIU should know how to apply knowledge that has been acquired and exhibit wisdom and walk in it.
- Our purpose is that a graduate of VIU should have an awareness of personal values.
- Our purpose is that a graduate of VIU should have a high level of mastery in the skills of communication.
- Our purpose is that a graduate of VIU should be able to cooperate and collaborate with others in studying, analyzing, formulating, and implementing solutions to problems.
- Our purpose is that a graduate of VIU should have awareness, concern, and a sense of responsibility regarding contemporary events, issues, and problems.
- Our purpose is that a graduate of VIU should have a love, loyalty, and responsibility to/for the local church as God's primary method for societal transformation and its development.
- Our purpose is that a graduate of VIU will know the voice of the Lord for his/her generation and articulate God's plan with anointed power and conviction.
With this in mind, students who enroll are in agreement with the Philosophy and Code of Conduct.
Personalized Degree Programs Designed to Meet Your Individual Goals
Are you looking for a degree program that will enhance your ministry and help you fulfill your calling?
- Vision is here to support you.
- We'll help you design a degree program plan that meets your individual needs.
- If you're seeking entry level ministry training, we offer a three year course of study.
- If you're looking for a way to finish your Bachelor's degree, we offer a Bachelor's degree completion program .
- If you're looking for advanced training, we offer graduate degrees in Theology , Leadership , Counseling , and Education .
- We're here to help you.
Did we mention that we're affordable? Our tuition is about 90% less than the average private college in the United States. We offer 0% interest-free tuition financing, which means you'll have no student loans and no debt. Find out more about our tuition financing programs
Palomar College offers over 250 degree and certificate programs; there is something for just about everyone. Whatever your academic goals– transferring to a four-year college or university, earning an associate's degree, learning a new skill, or training for a new career – we have classes and programs that meet your needs and interests.
Your journey with us will be guided by outstanding faculty and staff who are committed to helping you succeed.
Strategic and Master Planning
Learning for Success
Our mission is to provide an engaging teaching and learning environment for students of diverse origins, experiences, needs, abilities, and goals. As a comprehensive community college, we support and encourage students who are pursuing transfer-readiness, general education, basic skills, career and technical training, aesthetic and cultural enrichment, and lifelong education.
We are committed to helping our students achieve the learning outcomes necessary to contribute as individuals and global citizens living responsibly, effectively, and creatively in an interdependent and ever-changing world.
Palomar College is dedicated to empowering students to succeed and cultivating an appreciation of learning. Through ongoing planning and self-evaluation we strive for continual improvement in our endeavors. In creating the learning and cultural experiences that fulfill our mission and ensure the public's trust, we are guided by our core values of
- Excellence in teaching, learning, and service
- Integrity as the foundation for all we do
- Access to our programs and services
- Equity and the fair treatment of all in our policies and procedures
- Diversity in learning environments, philosophies, cultures, beliefs, and people
- Inclusiveness of individual and collective viewpoints in collegial decision-making processes
- Mutual respect and trust through transparency, civility, and open communications
- Creativity and innovation in engaging students, faculty, staff, and administrators
- Physical presence and participation in the community